What exactly does one mean when referring to "bed bugs"?

My mom and her sisters are always talking about how they used to have bed bugs when they were kids. What are bed bugs?

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 2:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is a type of bug called a bedbug. The link above should take you to see a picture of it. I have read to look along the seams of the mattress, and if you see little red or black dots, these are the excrement of bedbugs. Dust mites also infest bedding, but they are not bedbugs. Dust mites are microscopic if I remember correctly, bed bugs you can see. I believe they are the size of a watermelon seed, but I could be wrong about that.

Answer by Bmat at 2:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think there are multiple kinds but the one I know is scabies. nasty little mites that lives in mattresses and such. Had that problem when my mom bought some used beds.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• they are damn near impossible to get rid of.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• they are bugs that live in your bed
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 2:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010