which bread is healthier ? wheat or whole grain ?

im trying to lose weight and more importantly eat healthy, so ive stopped buying white bread. any one of u has any idea which one is healthier ?? wheat or whole grain? i tried the multi-grain one but didnt like the taste ... so basically im looking in these 2 only. thanks in advance !!

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 100% whole wheat is good. "Wheat" can mean made with wheat flour, no guarantee that it is whole grain wheat, or maybe it has a bit of whole wheat in it but lots of white flour, too. Whole grain - check the label to see how much is the whole grain and if there is white flour also. But 100% whole grain would be nutritious. If I were choosing, I would pick the 100% whole grain because it likely has a variety of grains and a variety means to me that it has a nicer variety of nutrition.

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• it gets a bit confusing in foods. Whole wheat is a whole grain, but not all whole grains are wheat.

best advice - read some labels and pick the one with the most vitamins and minerals in it, lowest fat, and lowest carbs
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• whole grain, bob green taught me well.lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Wheat isn't generally not Whole Wheat, if you can get Whole Wheat or Whole Grain it's best. Without that WHOLE it's still just flour and it's been stripped of all the good stuff.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Whole grain is better it's all natural.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• whole grain is my guess
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 2:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• whole grain.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Neither...wheat is not a healthy food despite popular belief. A diet with no bread in or wheat free is the best option.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Whole wheat bread..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• whole grain is healthier I guess,
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010