Tea Party Federation Expels Mark Williams Over 'Offensive' Response To NAACP's Racism Charge

Why are they so pissy with each other? This is th eonly thing the NAACP wanted...and the Tea Party is NOW doing?????? So why the fighting???

The National Tea Party Federation has expelled conservative commentator and Tea Party Express spokesman Mark Williams over a fictional letter Williams wrote on his blog last week from "Colored People" to Abraham Lincoln.

"We, in the last 24 hours, have expelled Tea Party Express and Mark Williams from the National Tea Party Federation because of the letter that he wrote," federation spokesman David Webb said Sunday on CBS's "Face The Nation."

Williams wrote the blog post, which has since been taken down, in response to a resolution adopted by the NAACP accusing Tea Party leaders of tolerating racism within the movement.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you people read the actual letter?
    "Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!"
    "And the ridiculous idea of “reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government.” What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!"
    "How will we coloreds ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? "

I don't care what kind of so called point he was trying to make. This is extremely offensive, and if the Tea Party kept him on after this they would lose ALL credibility.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm wondering when someone's going to make the democratic party expel Biden, and Reid. Just sayin.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• why arent they?

why do they get a pass?

I mean, come on, Obama's clean enough to get elected? Light skinned? It makes me sick.. Even that long article you posted furthur down...about the kids and the bussing, which I'm still trying to digest, brings up the tea party in a racist light... and it's just not fair to the tea party. There are plenty of good tea parties. plenty of racist ones too. But there are also racist dems, pubs, libertarians, constitutionalists, and some others I'm sure. The tea party is not built on racists.

it's built on a disatisfaction with the current and previous administration, and it's not even close to being a cohesive unit. It's not fair to label anyone who identifies with them as a racist, and that's what's happening. It makes me sad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• They're probably "pissy"' about it because this isn't the first time they've spoken out against someone being offensive, and they don't feel the NAACP deserves credit for suddenly giving the Tea Party folks the idea of not being flaming racists.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 3:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Did you READ what this Mark Williams guy wrote? He is an IDIOT. A bigot. A Neandrthal.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• This is what i love about politics...It seems like this foot-in-mouth episode could have been avoided if upon being called out by the NAACP, the Tea Party would have just said "No we don't support racism and we will disassociate from those who use it under out name (which is probably how most "tea partiers feel and have always felt).

Instead had to be revolutionary bad-asses, tried to make themselves look tough by insulting the NAACP 3rd grade style, and now look like asshats.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• and I do agree, there are RACIST everything out there including liberal dems.....the difference, they would never be able to show up at a town hall or protest without having their ass handed to them by the OTHER members protesting

rolling on floor

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• The sheer number of elected klansmen demonstrates that (and yes, they were primarily D's)
    ____________________
    They may have been primarily Ds but they were not liberal. I hate this new twisted argument that because liberals acknowledge and try to combat racism, they are actually racist. Yet here's this guy, blatantly racist, and there's still people saying he is NOT a racist? The reasoning is so strained and full of assumptions that nobody with a brain could take it seriously. It would be the equivalent of saying that if you are for womens rights, you actually are against women. That doesn't strike you as backward?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

While those 2 have said some dumb shit, they are not viewed as being racist. The Tea Party is because of multiple occasions and even supremist groups see them as fertile recruiting grounds...just saying....it isn't the same thing..

Honestly, I think people view Biden as a drunk sailor! lol ..Even my republican family memebrs love him...I have no idea why

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Lovin

I disagree , if it was based on the last admin they sure as hell don't show it and didnt show it then, And I don't think every tea partier is a racist, not in the least. and neither does the NAACP...But there have been some VERY vocal members who show up with racist signs and people seem OK with it,,,and this man was PAID to be their SPOKESPERSON,,,,,and they did EXACTLY what the NAACP was asking.....REPUDIATED these fools and THEN lets talk ISSUES without the TAINT of race.

and I do agree, there are RACIST everything out there including liberal dems.....the difference, they would never be able to show up at a town hall or protest without having their ass handed to them by the OTHER members protesting

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010