What would you do?

I loaned a friend 20$. I know to some people it's not a lot but it is to me. I'm a single mother of two with only my little paycheck as income, no child support or anything. She is married therefore has her husbands check, her check, her child support and the check she gets on her kid. Total they get 3-4 times what I do in a month at least. Anyway, she asked to borrow it on Thursday and promised to pay it back Friday. I told her I couldn't really afford it but since it was for one day, I would do it. Friday passes with no word from her. So Saturday I text her and asked if she was going to bring it, she said she would. But they were in Galveston (they drove an hour away to the beach). I told her if they couldn't afford it that her husband could take a look at my car and see what was going on with it and we would call it even. She says okay. I ask what time should I bring the car over yesterday and today. No response. CONT...

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 2:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I honestly don't know what I would do... maybe ask her again (call this time) when she can pay you back because you need to buy diapers or something for the kids. If she doesn't pay you back then I would DEFINATELY not give her anything else. I'm sorry this has happened to you.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I had a friend like that and she would borrow money with one hand and brag about how much he made I said in the end I could not loan them anymore money and she understood but the fact she would not pay me back started hurting our friendship stop it before it comes to this. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'd call HIM and ask him what time he's coming to look at my car (or give me my money back)

Answer by admckenzie at 2:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• What would you do? I'm upset that she would intentionally do this. If she would tell me she can't pay me until next week I wouldn't be so pissed off but the fact that she is avoiding me pisses me off. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thought about that but I don't have his number. I'm thinking of going to their house.
    dmdblleb

• this is why i dont loan ppl money anymore. a friend still owes us 300$ from buying cigs and gas here and there over few months time. its been 2 yrs and i still havent seen a dime of it, even though they said "ill pay you back next week..." i suggested that they give us something instead paying cash like a vid game, movies, furniture, ect being they complained about how much they had and needed room. they refused. they ask my husband now to loan them $ but he then tells them ask my wife and then hands the phone to me, and when i get on its "oh nevermind"

chances are you will never see that money again, but dont let it ruin your friendship, and be smart next time and dont loan any money to anyone, regardless of the situation, unless u ask for collateral up front for some thing of equal value.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my sister is like this...she went and borrowed 130.00 from my other sis and this other sis doesnt have a steady job, she babysits for money and the one that borrowed this money promised to pay it back when a certain check came well it never came so my mom laid on her doorbell and knocked and knocked at her door, her child was standing there at her patio door as her dog was too...my mom walked away after knowing she was gonna not answer and ignore her. like a day later...she got her money back.

be strong, be serious, make sure you mean business and most of all never borrow her money again
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010