Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it time to give up?

We have been in the modification process on our house for a year now. We own 9,000. If the mod doesn't go through we loose the house anyway. WE aren't making ends meet very well. We have cut back a lot. Yes we haev internet but DH has college classes and my home business thrives on internet orders. Ever since DH lost his job a year and a half ago thing shave been tight. He has been under employed for over a year. I work 2 part time jobs. I just don't think we can do it and the anticipation of whether or not we will get this mod is driving me mad.

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I would just wait it out. Either you are going to get the modification or you aren't. Wait until the bank makes their decision before you decide what your next step is. Save money up for deposits just in case it doesn't work out, but keep living there until you no longer can.
    slw123

    Answer by slw123 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • I don't know what modification is. Do you mean 'owe?' I would wait for now, keep saving what you can, find something when your DH is working too, that way you are able to pay your mortgage. If you're struggling to make ends meet now, it's not going to get any easier.
    thatgirl70

    Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • We are going through something similar... You need legal advice! You need a professional lawyer to save your home. Its incredibly affordable! Message me, I will tell you more about it.
    mercilove

    Answer by mercilove at 10:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN