What is this painful, burning sensation under my left breast, and how can I find relief?

For a little while I thought I was hurting the muscle right there (or maybe that was the muscle holding up my ginormous baby belly, and it was being overused) because I tended to get the pain whenever I held my 1-year-old for a long period of time, or stood or walked around for a long time.

Then I started getting/noticing it even when I wasn't doing those things, or when I had only done them for a very short time, so I wondered if it was heartburn (I snack every couple of hours because I can't eat a full meal b/c there's not room in me for a full stomach).

But last night it happened when I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to roll over... it hurt so bad that I was literally in tears, and no amount of stretching, moving, or rubbing that muscle made it feel better.

Has anyone else experienced this? What IS it? How can I find relief when this happens - or better, how can I stop it from happening?

SAHM_USAF

Asked by SAHM_USAF at 2:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I get the same feeling, it almost feels like a bad rash on the inside?! I had it for months.. come and go. My doc said it's just from your stomach growing, some women get it during pregnancy and some dont... There's not much you can do to help it, I usually take something cold and put it on it, but it doesnt work too well lol, but it will go away soon enough.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 4:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• sounds like heartburn. I had that kind of pain when I was pregnant with my son. Tums always worked for me, and as gross as it sounds 1tsp on vineger(white) always works and relieves very fast.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If you are wearing a wire bra sometimes you can be alergic to it with as hot as it the wire the sweat can sometimes cause the wire to give you a rash.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't wear bras with wire; thanks for postulating though!

And the pain is really more of an inner burning sensation - like where the muscle is - than an outward, on-the-skin burning sensation. Sorry for not being more specific!
    SAHM_USAF

Comment by SAHM_USAF (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had that same pain too, and I am pretty sure it was just muscle being stretched. It was sooooo annoying and uncomfortable :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010