What do you do when you feel like giving up?

I feel like crawling in a hole and letting everything fall apart like it wants to. It it's going to fall apart NE way why should I care right? Therez nothin' I can do about it. Nothin' is enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry you're feeling this way,Hon. When I feel like that, I find a quiet place and talk with God about it. I will keep you in my prayers!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I try to think about how many people are so much worse off than I am. ANd then think about something I am grateful for...such as, not having terminal cancer. :-) Or being thankful I am NOT living in Darfur or any other countries where people are dying of starvation or being killed (Genocide)
    And then I watch a happy movie and laugh or take a walk and breathe deeply...all those things make your mood improve.
    Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You've thrown your pity party which we all need to do every now and again. So now you need to get your reactions to your emotions in check and do what you need to do to think clearly. Write out your situation, all of it, everything you can think of. Go back and take the first statement and see if there is anything and I mean ANYTHING you can do about it, if there is, create a plan with baby steps, if there isn't, then you move it to the, "I can't do anything about this pile" Keep doing that until you have everything in two piles, one you can work on and one you can do nothing about. Prioritize the one you can work on and create a plan with everyone who can help you. The one you can't do anything about isn't hopeless, doors will open and you can control how you react to them. You choose how happy you are. You can be homeless under a bridge during a flood and still feel happy. Name five things you're grateful for.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 3:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am sorry that you feeling down. Nothing in the world is worth completey giving up on the world. My kids drive me nuts and my home is a crap mess,money is soo tight. Some days,weeks months I hate my life BUT Your kids need you and dispite the fact that things can be bad remember that nothing ever stays the same!!! You will feel better. God Bless!!!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I feel that way now. I don't know what to do. Seems like I can't find any friends, or find a job, or do any of the things that I want to be doing. I am a mother and thankful to have my kids yes, but I need more, and I don't know what to do. I'm sure that everyone faces this feeling once in a while, and when they are at their low they should have a friend close by who will be there for them, listen and not say negative and stupid things to make them feel worse. Some people believe in prayng. But honestly that does not help when you are going through this fog right that very minute and you need help. I have Depression so that is one reason for the way that I feel. Medicine isn't an o[tion either. As I said talking it out with someone who really cares. Hope you feel better.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 3:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• So sorry that you a down! I think that everyday is a gift from God, and every child is a blessing, and if you wake up in a funk, think about all the things that you have been blessed with and know that there are people who need you, and love you, and want you to be happy :) You are important to this world and how it works, and only you can improve or wreck your life, other people donnot have that much power!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2010