Why do women LOOK for reasons to believe their husbands are cheating?

If you think he's cheating, you need to confront him. If you're LOOKING for reasons to believe he's cheating, you're going to find them, whether or not he is and it's going to end your marriage or at least change it - even if he's not doing anything wrong... So why look? I don't get it... If you think it's going on, tell him, confront him... And if you really want your relationship to end so bad that you have to go looking for reasons - just end it...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• ditto
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If we confront him and he is cheating then he'll find a better way to hide it. That's why women should collect info in privite as painful as it is so we have something to use against him in court when it comes to divorce.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I agree, he is or he isn't but that limbo state would kill me, it needs to be verified to see if your suspicions are correct, then take appropriate action. Either forgive and forget, or send him packing.

Answer by older at 3:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I never have to worry about that. Yeah, it might sound gullible but I KNOW my husband will never cheat on me.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• well some people have that women intuition but just need proof, alot of people that go looking will find something some will not and feel dumb, but in order to confront you gotta have proof otherwise he can deny the whole thing.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• They look because they don't want to believe that he is but they can't help themselves. And if they think he is, it is easier to try to deny it than it is to have a confrontation. Besides, if she is wrong, then confronting him could cause problems between them, he'll have been honest and be insulted that she doubted. Another reason for looking is if she wants the relationship to end, she wants an excuse. and a third reason if if she has such low self-esteem that she can't really believe that anyone would be loyal to her, poor lady.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's because they are insecure and have no trust, if I didnt trust my SO I would be gone......
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

That will only drive them to cheat even more if you are snooping on them. Communication is key. And if you think he is cheating on you than wouldn't that be reason enough to split up?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• That will only drive them to cheat even more if you are snooping on them. Communication is key. And if you think he is cheating on you than wouldn't that be reason enough to split up?

Why leave right away if you're feeling a bit insecure and he's not cheating? What if he's not communicating? Why end a marriage over something you can't prove? That's why getting details will help, don't go straight up to him and say oh can I look at you phone/e-mail to make sure your not cheating. Do it secretly. Some women do it because they love their man so much they dont want to believe it but they want to protect themselves if they are.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Better yet don't start it. If you know the man is a player DON"T MARRY HIM!
    Anonymous