Is Obama a Muslim?

Can anyone offer any REAL proof of this?
Not that it would sway me one way or another, I'd just like to know if it's true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• The "proof" would be his book "Dreams of my father"...Obama's father was raised a Muslim...most of his family still residing in Africa are Muslim. Obama, by his OWN admittance (in his book) attended a Muslim school in Indonesia as a child.

Whether or not, he is STILL a practicing Muslim, or a "Muslim disguised as a Christian"...well, only Obama himself could answer THAT question.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• teri4lance: I said it doesn't matter to me if he is or not...I just want to know.
    Anonymous

• my dad is an alcoholic and my parents raised me mormon but i'm not an alcoholic nor am i mormon.
    our family members do not determine our religion.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• According to Muslim law - if your father was muslim, you are muslim. So by that law - yes, he is a muslim.
    Does he believe and practice that religion? Has he ever believed or practiced that religion? Doubtful. His own father stopped being a believer at some point and didn't push the religion on him.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

proving NOTHING.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• The proof is that he was raised by his Christian, white grandparents in Kansas. Snopes also has disproved this accusation if you care to look it up.
    Ellen523

Answer by Ellen523 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Oh, good grief! Is this really still a pertinent question to be asking?

Moonrush

Answer by Moonrush at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008