Just Google it...

Do you hate this response? I do. I wouldn't be asking a question if either I can't find it myself or I am looking more for recommendations or personal experience. Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do hate it. I'm an avid googler...i certainly know how to use the search engine. BUT, sometimes it's just wonderful to hear from real people who can share their personal experience & knowledge.

I have been told on here to "google it", it's just so annoying. Why do they even bother, just skip the question if you want to be a smart ass! They just get a big ole raspberry from me!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• lol. I have to admit I have wondered it before 'Like really? can't you just look that up?' but I NEVER actually said it. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Sometimes it's appropriate. Plenty of people jump right to the forums instead of bothering to do a little research themselves, and when you see the same question asked repeatedly and it's very easy to find an answer it gets a little tiring.

This is why if I have a question I'm sure to mention I already DID google it and couldn't find the information I needed.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 4:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I only say it if it's after all the infor I can give, and that I don't feel like all the info i'm giving is sufficient enough. Like if there were way too much for me to explain....lol I don't mind googling stuff AFTER I've heard from some mamas that might know!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Vent mama vent! lol...actually I am guilty of telling people on here to Google things. It's usually, because if I don't know the answer...I Google and there's the answer!! so...if I can do it so can you. I do agree with maybe wanting personal experience responses, maybe that what people should just say then.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I LOVE "just Google it." I think some people honestly only ask questions in forums and places like this because a) they like the attention they get from other people discussing their topic or b) they're just super lazy. I know that some people just want some personal experience in addition to their own research and that's completely understandable. It's smart, even, when the topic is an important one. When you're in a group long enough, you start to know which people are which, though. Then I tell them to Google it. Quit crapping up the boards with nonsense. lol
    hrhchels

Answer by hrhchels at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Usually people CAN get the answers to questions if they just want information. If you want to discuss feelings and opinions, then,of course you can't use Google. OR if someome says "COULD I be pregnant"..... you can't Google that. I just say "Buy a pregnancy test". LOL.
    I can't resist saying "Google it " when the question is so simple and obviously CAN be looked up yourself. It is easy to look it up.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I totally hate that! Especially when I specifically say in my question "I googled it and couldn't find anything." Duh, did you read the question before answering?
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I do agree though, that some people ask dumb questions on here that could easily be figured out via google.....but, i never tell them to google it. I usually google it for them & paste the link. I have no desire to be a smart ass, i'd rather help someone out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thanks for the idea xtwistedxlovex. I will try that next time.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010