I finally watched My Sisters Keeper and ....

they went beyond butchering the book to completely changing it. WTHeck is that all about?? I know a movie can't be done in a books entirety, but to completely change the ending...that's just terrible.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• Spoiler about the book. In the book, the healthy daughter wins her fight and the lawyer becomes her guardian for health matters. She and the lawyer are driving to the hospital to see her sister when they are in a car accident and she is killed and he decides to donate her organs, including to her sister and the sister lives. I haven't seen the movie, but I cried like a baby through the book. Actually every Jodi Picoult book I've read makes me cry.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I never read the book, but I bawled my way through the movie.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• What was the difference between the endings?

I liked the movie, and did not even know there was book. Usually, books are better then the movie.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• What happens in the book?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• haven't read the book since its been on hold forever at the library but I dislike the movie. When it comes to books being made into ivies I always prefer the book.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I didn't even know there was a book. I watched the movie and thought it was sad, but good. I hate when they make books into movies. I would like to read the book now though. Usually the book is always better.
    sylvia559

Answer by sylvia559 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010