VERY, VERY, VERY FAINT POSITIVE-- Actually Prego?

My last lmp (first day of last period) was june 26th. my dh and i have been doing it like rabbits, sorry tmi LOL -- i took a test last night and this morning with a FRER and the positive line was highlighted up... but i literally held it under the lightbulb to see it more clearly and make sure it had pink coloring!!! So would a very, very, very faint positive be an actual positive? should i get a blood test? wait a couple days and test with another test or even a digital? ... i'm only on 8dpo and CD23, i have a normal 28 day cycle but i didnt get a positive result until i was 1 week late with DS.

any help ladies would be great! =D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with the pregnancy i'm currently in, when I tested, I tested the day I was supposed to start my period and I got a faint positive too....I disreguarded it, but when I still didn't start a week after I was supposed to, took another one and it was a full blow positive. So, here we are at 38 1/2 wks lol GL, and hope it comes out!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i guess i should add i've NEVER EVER gotten evap lines on any other tests i've taken, cause the only time ive gotten second lines on any test was when i was indeed preggers! ik this cause i tested like crazy before actually getting my bfp with DS
    newmommytiffany

Answer by newmommytiffany at 4:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Personally I would wait until you are supposed to start and if you don't then test again. I got a VERY faint positive with my second (very erratic cycles at the time due to still nursing) on day 29, but I still hadn't started 5 days later and got a BFP.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• thanks! i will definitely test again in a couple days.
    newmommytiffany

Answer by newmommytiffany at 6:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• When I took my test, it was very light to the point where you couldn't tell. So i took another one two days later and it came out darker. So try taking another test in a day or so.
    Mandalxl

Answer by Mandalxl at 6:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• The line wont be there at all if you aren't pregnant. The only thing that could happen is your fertilized egg may not attach to your uterus and you'll get a period like nothing ever happened. It's called a chemical pregnancy. So YES I think you have a baby growing right now BUT don't alert the press just yet because if you aren't healthy enough your body might reject it. Start taking prenatals religiously and hopefully your body will accept the baby! Congrats!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 6:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am real young still and am healthy, a little overweight but for the most part very healthy! I never took prenatals until way late into my pregnancy with DS and he came out just fine. I do have some that I bought from Kroger the other day that I am definitely going to start taking :) I was just confused about the first line cause like Mandalxl said, mine was that faint too but its there, I mean I took it at 8 a.m. and even now its still there, same color and all!

I HOPE SO, YAY IM EXCITED!!!!!!
    newmommytiffany

Answer by newmommytiffany at 6:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Lol like I said congrats! But this is your second baby and your first totally robs you of nutrients. I am very healthy and 21 years old. I have a 9 month old daughter and I got pregnant with my 2nd baby when she was 6 months old. I just miscarried that baby July 2nd :-(. Not trying to scare you but it happens. Please do start those vitamins now. Iron and Folic acid are the most important ones to restock after having a baby!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 6:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I get what you're saying, dont worry I'm already scared shitless about that already. I was with DS too. But I'm going to try to think positive. I am thinking about taking a digi in the morning with FMU. Good idea? Or go ahead and make a doctor's appointment?
    newmommytiffany

Answer by newmommytiffany at 6:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Well you aren't even late yet. I would wait til you actually miss your period before you take another test. And if you call the Dr to make an appt, they will laugh at you if you tell them you're 2-3 weeks lol. I'm going to add you as a friend, I want to follow up with you!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010