used clothes

Would/do you buy yourself/kids used clothes? Do have anything against it or are you all for it?

Just thinking on going down to the local thrift shop to get me some more clothes since my body isn't the same since I had kids and my clothes don't fit properly anymore. So I was just wondering what other mama's thought about used clothes. I also use my nieces hand downs for my daughter. No use letting those go to waste and spending a crap loud of money on new clothes when those are perfect fine.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• I'm all for used clothing! both me and my kids wear it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I do all the time. Goodwill is a place I frequent every week. They have some new stuff too. Last week I found brand new Old Navy shorts for $8

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it at all. You never know what you will find.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I always hit the good will, thrift stores and consignment shops first when I go shopping. I only buy socks and underwear new, and one new outfit for school, Christmas, and birthday for my daughter.
    Sometimes I have to get new shoes because the only ones I find used are too worn. Most of the clothes, especially if you have the time to look through them all, are in perfect shape.
    I just can't bring my self to pay full price for things when she's going to need bigger clothes 3-6 months later. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I found brand new dress the other day there for $12 and they left the original tag on there from Sears and it's originally $68 So I got a steal :) I also love Ross
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I like going to thrift stores, especially ones that help a cause.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I love resale when I can tell that the product is new or very gently worn. However for adults I think it's best when you are in between sizes and don't want to spend much on your current size. It should not be an all the time only shop unless that is all thats in your price range. I don't buy shirts over 10 dollars and I can still get them new at the mall.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010