How many kids is too many?

No bashing just curious. For instance the duggars? Too many or not enough? The quiverful movement? Can you love all 19 kids equally and know them individually?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• When you can't afford them is when there's too many, but if you can manage to make it work than more power to ya. I personally only want three kids but my husband wants more. I don't know what brought that on, but if he wants more children he will seriously have to consider getting a second wife because I will only go through this one last time. lol
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Its too many if you don't have enough money or attention for all of them.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think it all depends on the parents.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• depends on the parents and if they can afford to take care of them as well as have the patience. Take the Duggers for example. 19 kids is way to many in my eyes but they have the money and the patience for it For me I think 3 is to many for myself so that's why I'm sticking to only 2
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Too many kids are when you can't adequately provide for them whether it be to give them attention or financially afford to give them even the basics.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I agree in that it depends on the family. If they have the means to provide all the necessities, love, and attention that each child needs, then I don't feel it's my place to say they have too many children. As of right now we have 2 dd's, and we want to have another one when our youngest is potty trained. After that, we may be done, but I guess time will tell lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I believe families, should have as many children as the Lord provides.. Not controlling the womb. This is stricktly my opinion and what I have learned through Christ.

I read a book called be "fruitful and multiply" and through my own experience believe this.

I would ideally love 6 but more is less it fine.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had DD then our twin boys and that was overwhelming, but still had a feeling and a DESIRE to have more children....but wasn't sure I wanted them right away (dd was only 21 months when we had our boys). I got pregnant with #4 and ever since then I have not had the DESIRE to have more children....I'm pretty sure that we're done after this little man! I think you know when you know.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I can't fathom being able to provide emotionally for 19 children. Those children must feel short-changed as far as having individual time with their parents.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Only have the number of children that you can afford to support, financially and emotionally ...and that you can physically carry for 9 months without harming your health or the health of the child.
    In my opinion, I would say that could be....four children.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010