Your pets

Does anyone else feel like thier pets have fallen by the way side since having your bundle of joy? I mean they were my babies before I had my baby. How do you make your pets feel included?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I adore my cat. I was in the hospital for a few days so I could heal from the c section and as I walked in the front door my cat was meowing so loud as if screaming "HEEEEEY MOOOOM!" It was so sweet and we grew even closer. I made sure I gave him equal attention while my son slept or if he was pre-occupied on the bouncer. I never sensed tension coming from him
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Someone still has to take them for a walk, feed them and bathe and comb their hair to keep it from getting matted. That's almost like if you were taking care of a baby. But what it entails is different but still requires attention since a pet can't do this for themselves and babies can't do for themselves either.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• oh yes make them feel included, they aren't dump they will notice the difference.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No I Make time for them or they go nuts!! I have 2 small mix breed dogs and they are more human like than like dogs, so they need their Mommy time...lol
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010