Would you report someone who is abusing their water use?

For instance watering the sidewalk, driveway, and everything but their lawn. I live in Nevada, which is a desert and there are some people down the road who are watering their grass in the middle of the afternoon, but yet have their sprinklers aimed at everything but their lawn. There is water running down the road. I am usually one to mind my own business, but this is bothering me.

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Unless there's a law out that tells them they shouldn't be over using...etc then it's up to them. They pay the water bill.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If the water is supposed to be rationed/restricted, yes I would. No reason to make such waste.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Who would you report this to?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• There are water restrictions, but yeah, I don't even know who I would report it to. The water company maybe?
    peace1234

Comment by peace1234 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I know people don't want to get involved these days, but maybe they don't realize how bad it is? Maybe you should try to talk to them first? maybe they don't know how to fix it if it's automatic sprinklers?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would especially in your area with water restrictions.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• if I had the choice to report them I would, after all wasting of water, energy...etc affect every living being on this planet so it's no one right to misuse any of them...
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Since their not watering there lawn maybe in a couple weeks when there lawn dies they will adjust there sprinklers to water there lawn and not the sidewalk.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010