your not sure if your having more kids?

so.. keep the small clothes or give them away?
I don't want anymore, hubby does but we give away all small clothes. only kept the big baby things, swing, highchair, bouncer..ect.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well since I gave them to family (DH has large family) and his family has this thing with only giving to family members so I was pretty sure if we did decide to have another then we could get some hand me downs from the family.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm in the same boat I'm giving them all away. I don't want anymore, the big things were the first things I gave away and now I'm doing to clothes next as soon as I found out the sex of my brother baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We gave everything away that was given to us, and resold the stuff we bought ourselves.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• we want more so we are keepin things. Unless someone is in need then we give give give
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We are pretty sure we want more but who knows when it will happen and if it will happen. I am keeping all the big things for now and I keep some clothes. I keep the ones that are my absolute favorites. The rest I give away or sell at the big consignment sale in our area.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Gave them away or sold them. We want another child but not sure when or if we will. I didn't want the big things taking up space and possibly expiring plus, my mom pretty much bought everything again for my second child, despite the fact that I had saved everything from DD1 lol.

I kept some of the nicer, more sentimental outfits and put them away in a keeper box for when my kids have kids, but other than that, it's all going this time.

Plus, if you buy used baby stuff isn't all that expensive :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• With not reading all the answers......
    I would say to keep them. Or at least enought to get started with a new baby if you and your hubby do decide to have more.

I'm not saying you are going to do this it's just a pet peeve of mine, I hate going to a baby shower for a 2nd or 3rd child and hearing "OH, we just didn't think we would have anymore so we gave everything away" and the 1st kid is only a couple of years old, so that just make me feel like you had the shower to get more stuff.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i'm having a really hard time getting rid of my sons clothes. We sold hs changing table, gave away his crib, and many other baby things, but very few clothing items lol. Some are so tiny and adorable. First thing I think is "what if I have another baby, I better keep this"....but I'm not sure if we will have another child. I would like to one day, but not now. Weird how regardless of my uncertainty I'll give away a crib, but keep a body suit with a giraffe on it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010