Do you support rights for gays, such as the right to marry?

rights,gay,marriage

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 3:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutey! They should have the right to enjoy the fun of going through a nasty divorce and swearing you'll never do it again, just like everyone else! LOL Just trying to add humor to a topic that brings out so much hatered in people, I will never understand why people refer to people who are gay as GAYS. They are just people living their lives and trying to find happiness in this crazy world like the rest of us, except they have to deal with closeminded people thinking they should have the right to choose how other people live their lives! No one has the right to tell someone they don't have the right to marry the person they love, be able to supply health insurance for their partner and their kids, share the same name, and not be able to legally adopt their partners kids ( whom by the way are the ones loving and providing for those kids ) I think there are far bigger issues in this world then gay marriage
    musiclovingmomm

Answer by musiclovingmomm at 4:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• absolutely
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• This isn't directed to you angi just so you know :)
    The ammenedment is that marriage will be defined as between a man and women only. This will be the only union recognizable in the state as well.
    This means no benifits health benefits for these people.
    Are you willing to take away health benefits from someone for your own selfish and ignorant reasons
    We cannot let this happen.
    They say protect the sanctity of marriage, but is there really any sanctity left in marriage?
    People can go to vegas and get married in less the 5 minutes, celeberity marriages last less then 3 months... Divorces happen left and right !
    All the while a man and a man or a woman and a woman who are deeply in love cannot marry.
    How is this fair ? Why should someones personal beliefs get in the way of someones hopes and dreams for a future with another person they love.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes, I do support the right for gay people to marry. It baffles me that anyone in a solid heterosexual relationship (or with the hope of one day having a solid heterosexual relationship) could be threatened by the idea of two homosexual people being married. I mean, how does the idea of two women or two men being married undermine the foundation of a man and a woman being married? There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, with two people who love one another committing themselves to each other in the presence of their family, friends, and, if applicable, their God.

Moonrush

Answer by Moonrush at 3:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Domestic partnerships, yep. Marriage, absolutely NOT. Adoption, ONLY for older or spec needs. The stability of same-sex relationships is worse than in heterosexual relationships, and that is NOT saying much since the divorce rate is so high among straights. Kids needs stability. But every kid needs a home. If the child cannot be placed with a hetero couple, then I can see allowing gays to adopt. But since they have less chance of remaining together than a straight couple, I think they should only be a second choice. Yep, I know there are gays couples that stay together for life. Good for them. But they are a definite minority among gay couples.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes I do. As long as 2 people love and respect each other marriage is a beautiful thing.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I support human rights and gay people are human, so yes.

Plenty of heterosexual people marry and divorce before the ink even dries on the marriage license so that is just an absurd argument against them having the same rights, mommy22miracles.
    Ellen523

Answer by Ellen523 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• NO, thats bs where are you getting these "facts" from? statistics? statistics are bs.. they take SOME people and put it together and average crap out.. what about the people that did not volunteer for these statistics? Thats not a legit answer. i know more people that are gay and have been together years longer than straight people. i think they ahve more of a bond and can familiarize with eachother about their life and goals and views etc..... they shouldnt be segregated from gays and straights. People are people, we all have the same body parts and were made the same way. were PEOPLE regardless of skin color, sexual orientation, gender etc.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• mommy22miracles .. where are you getting that information from?
    Anonymous

• Yes, definitely support it. How some people can act as though homosexuals are of some other species, is beyond me.
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008