has anyone ever planned their own baby shower? is it okay to plan your own baby shower?

Was planning a baby shower for myself after a few ladies from church asked me to, but some people have mentioned that it not right to plan your own shower as it looks like you are just trying to ask for presents, where I am just trying to celebrate my 3rd child and my 1st daughter.

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do what you want! Some people say it's tacky, I say if your friends aren't going to do it and you need the help or just want to celebrate your baby then go right ahead.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with planning your own shower!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I guess if no on else is plannin to do it, then go for it!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm only mentioning this so that you can hear it here and not whispered behind your back. Ettiquette dictates that you shouldn't plan your own shower. It also says you shouldn't have a shower for a second or third child.

I'm wondering why the ladies at church who asked you wouldn't throw you one. I read in another thread though that a sip and see after the child is born is becoming a new trend.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• well one of my friends from church has taken over the planning of the baby shower, I went and told her that I had never planned one before and so she took over for me.
    mommatink83

Comment by mommatink83 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• thats kind of your friend but i see no problem in planning your own baby shower and i think having a baby shower is celebrating the child not for gifts and things thats just an add bonus to me no matter what number the child is first or 10 th
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 9:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010