Is it paranoia or instinct?

I feel a little panicky every once in a while because I feel as if (not to sound like 'chicken little') the world is getting worse and worse everyday and I am not preparing for it. For instance I worry about global warming, the economy, someday not having enough clean water, and various other things. I feel as if I need to conserve water (more than I already do), save up as much money as possible, and basically get prepared for the end of the world as we know it. I get anxiety when I am washing clothes, watering the lawn, buying something extra for myself, etc. I do not feel this way ALL the time, just every once in a while. Do other's feel this way? Is is instinct or something else?

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• Both. It is okay to be concerned about how things are going and to want to do something about it but when it starts affecting your everyday life (like getting anxiety), that is when it becomes paranoia.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes I agree it is okay to be worried about our world around us.
    loves2bamomof2

Answer by loves2bamomof2 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010