Why does he get mad?

My DH chews and whenever I hide it and give him clues he gets really mad. Anything else if I hid it he wouldn't get mad. Why does he about this? it makes me mad in return because he throws a fit over it and acts like a jerk (note- i dont like him chewing and it makes me hate it even more when he throws a fit over it- btw i am being nice about giving him clues)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 5:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Its a control issue I'm guessing. He knows you do not like the fact that he chews so to him its as if your trying to control what he does. Its his choice to chew or not. Addictions no matter what they are, are a choice. When you take away that choice by hiding the addiction its as if your telling him you are in control and hes not.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 5:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Its a control thing men have. They need there nicotine or there complete Meaneys. Even if your playing around, to them your not very funny hiding the one thing there mind thinks he needs.
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 5:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's called an addiction.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• OMG I am not the only one! Its probably just become habit to chew the way he does and doesnt feel its worth changing. It is a strange irritation to have (according to everyone who knows I get irritated by other peoples chewing) but I think everyone should be able to chew quietly. (and swallow too lol)

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Did he chew when you married him? If he did, it came with the package. If he has just started, you probably are not going to get him to quit by hiding his stuff. I would just ask him to do his chewing outside the house. That should be fair to everyone. You are not going to change him, that much is for sure. If he quits, it will be only because he chooses to. So I wouldn't fight over it. Life is way too short.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no no I mean his (tobacco -chew)
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• not aiming at fighting just playing around hiding his stuff and dont see why he has to get so mad (if it was anything else he wouldn't get so mad- he would have fun with it) ??????
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010