what is the right age?

what do you think is the right age to enroll your toddler in pre-school?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 5:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it depends on the child.

My girls started shortly after their 3rd birthday and they really love it. Just remember many preschools require the child be fully potty trained, which can happen at different times for lots of kids.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We didn't send our until kindergarten and that was only for half a day. I think children need to be with their parents.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Never. My children are home with me until the start kindergarten and I am still not sure I like the idea of that (oldest starts K this fall). Our state (PA) doesn't require school (home school or other) until 8 years old. My kids spend a lot of time doing various activities though and I teach them at home.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It depends on the child and on the center. My daughter is a little over 2yrs and was just recently enrolled in preschool. Her father and I both work and I'm in school full time so she's been in daycares before and is extremely social. She's also a little advanced for her age with her speech which makes us feel more comfortable knowing she can communicate with her teachers. Obviously they "teach" the 2yr olds much differently than 3-5, it's still more like daycare the younger years. Like I said though, it depends. I've heard pros and cons about putting your kids in too early and too late so it's hard to answer anything 100%.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• 3-4 years old, I think.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010