Am I being paranoid???

Ok I need some advice.
My dh is the only one who works in our family. A few wks ago an employee of his companies competitor called to see if he would be interested in a position. Trust me in today's economy you always listen. So dh did. He is meeting with this company tomorrow nite. To start off he will be working from home and perhaps eventually an office outside the home. This company is very strong in the market in which my husband works.
Ok here is where I guess I am getting paranoid. His boss called him last wk and said that they are closing the office here where we live. They want to keep him and let him wk from home. LOL. In his boss's next breath he said, "but if u find something else I will totally understand".
Call me dumb/paranoid it is almost like his boss saying"you better start looking"

loves2bamomof2

Asked by loves2bamomof2 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sounds to me like the timing couldn't be better.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• either timing was perfect, or it sounds like maybe his boss recommended him to the competitor??
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• That's how it sounds to me, so if he gets that other job, snap it up!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Changes are, the two companies are friendly competitors, and your spouse's boss recommended him for the position. Your family is very fortunate.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010