scoliosis in a 2yr old

My 2 year old son was diagnosed with scoliosis about 2 months ago. He has since been accepted into Shriners Hospital and we are waiting for him to have an MRI to determine if he will have to have surgery or if he will be able to just wear a brace for a while. Anyone else been through this.

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BUMP:)
    That has to be hard. Shriners is a great hospital system he is in good hands!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I haven't had to deal with it personally... but my good friend has a daughter that wore a brace for a year... they caught her's early by chance in an x-ray... she wore the brace and right now it looks like the problem is fixed :)
    I'm also a ped's nurse and have seen what surgery entails for teens.
    Hopefully they have caught this early and the brace will work.... good luck! :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have scoliosis, it runs in my family (my mom and both my siblings have it). If there is a way for them to correct it early, do it!! LOL. I am in so much pain all the time, and my insurance doesn't cover chiropractic. I am so worried i am going to pass this nasty curse onto my two little girls, its really no fun. Sorry you are going through this, but at least you found it early enough to maybe keep it in check!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 7:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010