do people who complain about how hard their life is when really they dont know the meaning of hard?

my DH friend is divorced and has once a month visits with his child, he lives with his grand parents so only bills he has is 50 a mth for child support then his cell, car insurance, and gas for his car. he works at a dealership changing oil, doesnt clean or cook his GP do all that. but he whines about how tired he is all the time and how stressed he is, its like really? whats to stress about...try being full time college, fill time work, 3 kids all the time, clean cook study....then lets talk stress....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I think we all have a sob story, some choose to sit there and feel sorry for them self and complain how hard their life is, some of us choose to pull our heads out of your ass and actually do something with our life that we are proud of, I believe we got one life to live and time flies way to fast to sit around and complain how hard life is. There are people that truly do have it hard but those people are usually not the once that are complaining they are actually doing something to make ends meet.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• The grass is always greener and It could always be worse. Those are mantres in my house.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I feel you on that one all the way!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We get to choose the things we do, and so I don't think anyone has a right to complain about doing the things he has chosen to do. If you are too tired or too stressed, rethink your priorities and get out of some things. Most of what we choose to do doesn't do much for us except add business.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think that should read "busyness".
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• well, he may be stressed...I read somewhere that the top three things people stress over is....death, loss of a job and divorce...all of which have to be dealt with on how the person perceives it...if he only visits his child once a month and not every day...that could lead to stress...maybe he really wants to be a good father...bottom line is...I don't know him...I don't know you....but, each of us has our own stress...and each of us deals with it differently...no judgement here...OP, congrats on doing all that you do...but, there will always be someone worse off...just saying each person deals with it differently and in their own ways....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• This is not always the case. Some people do have it bad. Why is it that because someone else has it worse we shouldn't feel free to complain? That isn't right. People deal with things differently. What may have been hell for you might not be hell to the next person. Think about that. Everybody should and has a right to complain about how they feel. Everyone makes choices even the ones who have it harder than the next person. These aren't fair answers, and everyone always says the same thing. But if you were the one complaining would you someone to be saying this to you? It seems like someone is shutting you down when you need to vent.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 5:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think "hard" is in the eye of the beholder. What one person sees as hard is nothing to someone else. To the people who are being killed and tortured for their skin color or beliefs around the world, no one in the US has it hard... But that doesn't mean some of us don't have it hard... I always figure you can't judge what is hard until you walk in their shoes... And most of the time, when they are complaining or talking about how hard their lives are they are just looking for support... Why is it so hard for people to just lend a hand or an ear to those in need once in a while?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I only do what I have to I am a full time college student with a job and I write for my anime production company everything I do is going to advance me when I graduate in 2012. I keep this thought in mind when I am tempted to complain that I am able to do it and it will pan out in the end.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Maybe undernieth it all he is depressed. Who knows?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010