any suggestion on bottle for breastfed baby.. I'm going back to work and we have a lot of trouble finding the right bottle.

Which bottle is best for breastfed babies?

Sophea1101

Asked by Sophea1101 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try the avent ones! they have the larger nipple, my son loves them and leter downt he road they are great sippy cups too!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• try the playtx ones with the drop ins they work great and there just like there being breatfed.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I tried the Avent ones and my son hated them. Even the slow flow nipples came out to fast and it looked like i tried to drown him in breastmilk ;) We used Playtex with the drop ins. The nipples were great no problem switching from breast to bottle and you can squeeze all the air out of thebags so baby doesn't get as gassy.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My son liked the plain cheap ones from Wal-Mart. We got the nipples with the little bumps on them, rather than the ones the bottles came with. I know some people are concerned about the BPA chemical, but that is only a concern if they are heated. And we would heat cold breast milk by putting the bag into a cup of warm water and then pouring it into the bottle. Not that it is in these bottles, but many people believe that cheaper bottles have it. Good luck, sometimes you just have to keep buying until your baby likes one of them!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We have found the playtex ventaires with the wide nipple the best. Keep trying mommy you will find one that works.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I recommend any one of the ones with the wider nipples. They are more likely to switch between bottle and breast with those ones. We use the Avent, but I also used to Playtex Ventaires as well. Both worked just fine. However, I only did that for one week because I didn't produce, but we still use the Avent bottles.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We use the Breastflow bottles and they are more like the breast. The have a nice slow flow so the baby doesn't start to like the flow of the bottle better than the breast... my son takes longer at the bottle than the breast.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You may have to try a few to see what works best for your baby, as every baby is different. We use Born Free, because of the whole BPA thing, and they work well for him, although the flow is still a bit too fast for him (he's 5 1/2 weeks old).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my baby loves the event bottles,she is breastfeed
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Playtex Drop-ins
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2008