Why do you get tired after having concieved?

just wondering if there is some real reason behind this. I get once you are farther along you are tired from lugging around all day but with my other two DD's and with a lot of ppl i know even before the HPT was positive they would be sooo tired - then would find out they were pregnant.... just wondering if there was a biological reason...?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it's the increase in progesterone. I used to have to take synthetic progesterone to make me have a period every month. One month the nurse accidentally called in REAL progesterone and OMG, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then when I got pregnant and couldn't stay awake for five seconds, my RE told me it was the progesterone increase.
    ginger-mart

Answer by ginger-mart at 5:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's particularly common during the first trimester. What most women remember about this stage is a constant feeling of fatigue. Being pregnant puts a strain on your entire body, which can make you awfully tired. Even night owls may find themselves struggling to stay awake long enough to watch their favorite eight o'clock show.
    It's possible that hormonal changes — in particular, a dramatic rise in progesterone — are contributing to your sluggishness. And you may be having trouble getting a good night's sleep, especially if you're uncomfortable or getting up to use the bathroom frequently.
    Nausea and vomiting can certainly cost you energy. You may also be feeling anxious about your pregnancy, which can be draining. Add it all up and it's no wonder you feel as though you've run a marathon by the end of the day.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_fatigue-during-pregnancy_2911.bc#articlesection1
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i'm not sure either, I'm reading the other answers! I know for me I am totally exhausted and could sleep all day in the first trimester. Second trimester we are good and third we are back to sleeping... haha
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010