hi moms i have a 9 month old who loves all baby food i have started to give him alot of food that i eat and he loves this aswell but i am wondering if the baby jars of food are ok for him at this age

stefin

Asked by stefin at 5:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my kids whatever they would eat. At 9 months they still had formula, but also enjoyed their jarred foods too.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• of course!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't know what the standerds are anymore because my youngest is 11. But by 9 months he was eating jar food and starting on table food. You just have to be careful for choking hazzards, hot dogs, carrots, etc. He is fine today so it didn't hurt him.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my dd wouldn't touch anything other then formula till about 12-13 months and then she pretty much was straight table food
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 5:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't use jarred foods at all. I just give my 9.5 month old a little of whatever we are already eatting. so if it's spaghetti.. he gets his cut up into small pieces. He doesn't eat tons, He's a boob man for sure! would rather nurse than get table foods. And he's happy and healthy.
    If you are using jarred, then i think your baby would be fine on them. but i would just keep giving what you are eating... it'd be cheaper than buying all those jars.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 5:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Of course. If he still likes them, they will not hurt him. They are meant for the first year of life. Or you can go the other direction and do solely table food if he takes to them well. Its all about what works for you and your family :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Babies don't ever need jars of food. They are over priced, bad for the environment, & can taste bad, must be spoonfed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• for sure, but if he is eating table food just fine, i would keep him on that! way eaiser. maybe buy a few if you are eating something he is not able to have?
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Jarred food is a waste of money and not very tastey. Table food is perfect. The bonus is that when you give your baby all kinds of fruits and veggies (even things like roasted beets, broccoli, asparagus, kiwi, persimmon etc) YOU will eat better too .
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010