I have to ask this I just saw it in one of my old question I was closing about God caring what goes on in your bedroom.

Ok I asked if people really thought God cared what went on in ours bedrooms?

Some one answers God is every where and he watches every thing and sees all! (Now this is a short version of her paragraph of rambling. However it appears to be the main points.)

So my question is. Do you believe this? If this is true do you not realize this is saying that God is a voyeur? Gross Gross Gross, Who would follow a peeping tom?

I believe in God and worship him, but I do not believe he watches me screw. That is just creepy. An omnipotent peeping tom.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Sure, I believe the Gods CAN see us at any point in time, but do I think they are just watching our every move or peeping in on our sex lives or bathroom time or what ever? NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't believe an omniscient and omnipotent being would be watching you. He should know what you are going to do and respectfully watch something else because he should know when you'll be done. I'm sure he doesn't watch you in the shower either. But hey if you don't want him to watch you in the bedroom stop screaming his name.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am pretty sure " gays" are not going to hell, maybe ignorant people are though.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i wouldn't see it as voyeurism. if you look at it (sex) as a gift (as some people do), and if they believe God is the one who supplies everything including their spouse/partner/healthy 'relations'..don't you like seeing your loved ones enjoy your gifts? idk, i'm probably stretching a bit. anyhoo, i don't think He watches as we would, for He isn't like us. He is not mortal, and therefore doesn't 'get off' on watching other mortals hook-up, even the married ones.
    i'm probably not explaining myself. in other words, no..i don't think He really cares to watch us. i would think He'd be more concerned with our hearts towards our spouses/etc, and that we are fully responsive to each others needs. other than that, He probably just pops in a vhs of 'the andy griffith show' and yuks it up.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• LMAO!

You know, I had that conversation recently... And to refute what the others are saying, if god doesn't "watch" then how would he know to send all of the gays to hell? Does he have some sort of sin radar that beeps at him when someone takes it up the @$$, or goes muff diving?

Either your god is there watching you all of the time, or he isn't. Another perfect example of how the American Christian follows what "Truths" are convenient.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Jewsih tradition says that when a man and wife live their sexuality as G-d commanded, following the laws of family purity, the "shechinah", the Divine Presence is with them. And this is because sexuality in the proper time and context is a complete spiritual and elevating act. G-d cannot "see" you in the way you watch a movie, He has no physical form, therefore He doesn't have eyes. He's a presence that blesses that union as what it is- a sacred act that He himself created and commanded us to perform.
    But just as sexuality can be the ultimate spiritual elevation, it can also become the tool for the lowest actions. Being such a strong tool, it can take a person either way depending on how this person uses that sexuality. In that case, the shechina, that Divine Presence goes away. It doesn't take away G-d being omnipresent, though.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• lol well he is every where... Glad i married before i got busy lol..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think what you put around you reflects what type of a person you are.....I think if you believe in God, and know God...you wouldn't put a picture up of a half naked man/woman....that's just my opinion....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't think that being omnipotent and omnipresent is the same thing as being a voyeur. We are, after all speaking about the Almighty, the creator of the universe. He created us with all of our desires and our functions. He is not at all surprised by what we do or do not do in the bedroom. If He sees what we do behind closed doors it's because He sees all. No way could I compare that to what humans do when they peep.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• " hey if you don't want him to watch you in the bedroom stop screaming his name."
    ----------
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!! I voted you up for that alone....my husband thinks i'm insane laughing hysterically over here.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010