Christian books?

Any suggestions? Me and two friends are going to start a christian book club 1-2 books a month depending on how big they are. I know we want one because one of their husbands isnt saved and i struggle with mine not being the spiritual leaderso maybe a few books on thh=ese topics. Other than that any kind of christian books are fine. Thanks ladies :)

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 6:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How about some of theses:

The Power of a Praying Wife- By Stormie Omartian
    The Power of a Positive Wife- By Stormie Omartian

The Love Dare (This is great, I did it and it and really changed me!)

Also, check out the WOMEN OF FAITH Bible Studies.

Becoming A Contagious Christian

Im sure there are a bunch more, but these I've heard about the most!!!
    JnKsMommy

Answer by JnKsMommy at 6:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Look for books by Josh McDowell. He was an atheist who set out to prove that there cannot be a God, but in the process he became convinced and committed his life to the Lord. C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton have some very good books, too.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• lisa bevere books, kay arthur books, p. bunny wilson books
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with jnksmommy, those books are wonderful and I need to read them again! I'd browse around your local christian book store and see what you come across!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• God Wears Lipstick by Karen Berg offers specific insight to a woman's role as spiritual guide for her mate.
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 12:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• are you wanting any kind of books or study group books?

if you just want some good fiction books i highly recommend Karen Kingsburry every time i et a book of hers i cant put it down! i believe some of if not all her books have a list of question in the back just for book clubs so you an all read a couple chapters at a time then have question to go with it to help you talk about it on the next get together.

another book that would be good is sitting at the feet of rabbi jesus
    londamg

Answer by londamg at 6:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The Shack, if anything this will transform your view of God. To be honest some of the most valuable material is right in your bible. Maybe start with the book of John which tells you more about the person of Jesus or for a little action the book of ACTS. My husband and I do a bible devotion after getting the kids to bed and he reads to me! (i dont know why i think that is soo sweet) We finished John and we are in Acts now. BTW, I pray for you and your friends hubby's to be saved in Jesus name!
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 3:30 AM on Jul. 25, 2010