Why is it okay for a woman to hit a man but not the other way around?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• To me personally.

It's not okay. Abuse is abuse it doesn't matter who the perpetrator is.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• its not ok for a woman to hit a man, nor is it ok for a man to hit a woman... but lets say a woman hits a man, its not right for the man to hit her back and vs versa, now that being said if a man hits a woman he is bound to do more damage usually, men are usually stronger then women, and their blows have more force to them,resulting in more hard to the woman, then say a woman to a man, unless she uses an object, only time is it ok to hit is in self defense if your life is at risk other wise i find men/women that hit to be immature to start with
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's not. It's assault either way. It's abusive behavior either way. It's not ok to hit other people.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• either way its not okay. I dont think its okay for either or to hit unless its in self defense
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's not ok she can go to jail too... If you throw a punch woman to a man she should expect it back. A woman should not hit a man and a man should not hit a woman. The law is equal for both .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• it's not, if a woman hit's a man he can have her arrested for assault/battery
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's NOT okay for a woman to hit a man...but how many men will ADMIT or file charges against a woman hitting/abusing them?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Its not really ok but g man is usually stroger than a woman so men should use restraint when a tries to hit him.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I know all this I know that it isnt right for either to hit either but socially it is more ok for a woman to hit a man then it is vice versa and I dont understand why? And everyone keeps saying about the force and everything like that but either way it is still a human hitting a human I dont understand what is the difference?
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't think its ok to be violent towards anyone.

But in regards to why it is more socially accepted I think because a man is stronger than a woman. A man can stop a woman from hurting him far more easily than a woman can stop a man. Her only defence maybe to hit or lash out as opposed to restrain. I also think maybe its like looking at a parent beating a child. The child can't defend themselves as well as a parent could against their child (unless the child is a teenage boy who is well grown lol)

Not to mention the traditional role of a man is to protect his lady and children.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010