How long does it take to get test results back from the doctor?

I took 2 home pregnancy test and they both said positive and i did made a appontment with my family doctor to get a pregnancy test done and i was just thinking like how long would take to get the results back like would i get the results back on the day i go in or is it gonna take a couple of days? and im pretty sure i am pregnant cause i have been feeling sick to my stoamch and been having a headaches now my husband thinks its just the flu but we were trying and i did just miss my period for the first time 2 weeks ago.

SB_1990

Asked by SB_1990 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've always gotten the results back during the visit.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• if it was a urine test, then the results are take the same amount of time it took you to read the HPT.

if you missed your period and got 2 +s, I say congrats! ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If you took two at home tests and they were positive then your most likely pregnant. My doctor said the strips I was using at home were actually more sensitive than the tests they use in his office! They will do a urine test just like you do at home and you'll have the result in minutes.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• hugsYour Doc should have told you unless he's really busy like mine and didn't think about telling you. I'm pretty sure your you are if you took two tests at home and they were POS you can't get a false pregnancy with home tests. :) Congrats Mamma !!!!!!!!!

buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 6:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you're pregnant..... i'm suprised that they gave you an additional test with two positive home tests lol. congrats
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Well if it was a blood test they prolly have to send it to a lab. This can take a couple of days before you get the results. A urine test is usually done in office and results should be immediate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ok i cant edit and add anything and i was gonna put that my appontment is this week so did see my doctor yet but just seeing when i go in how long it will take to get the test results back.
    SB_1990

Comment by SB_1990 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Every time I had a blood test done at my OB/GYN's office, I got the results during the same visit.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• when u go to doc they will tell u n the same visit if ur prego!!...i agree ur prob prego if the at home tests were positive, but gl at the doc apt!!!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010