breastfeeding and my ten month old help!

My 10 month old loves to breastfeed. He also gets solids and is a very good eater. Lately he has been fussy and wanting to nurse and eat solids a ton. I figured it is a combination of teething and a growth spurt. I produce plenty of milk. Lately he has wanted to breastfeed but he gets on and whines and makes whimper noises and kicks my arms but wants to stay on breasfeeding. What is the deal?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's haveing a growth spurt and increasing your supply. The fussing is most likely him comlaining that the milk is not coming fast enough, just leave him on and your supply will increase to meet his demand. Try switching sides, and again, and again.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My 8 month old does this when there is no more milk on that side. That is usually how i can tell i need to put her on the other side, cause when i do she instantly stops. If that isn't it IDK, but maybe... just try switching him. Good luck!!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 7:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I really am not sure! Maybe he is getting some teeth in?? I have nursed 4 and I am trying to remember if/when my kids did that. Sometimes they would be sick or fighting something. Maybe he is coming down with something?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It could be that for whatever reason he is uncomfortable with the way you are holding him. I used to unlatch my son and reposition him on the same side and he would be fine. It was really bad when it was hot and humid too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It could be his teeth bothering him. My daughter does this when her teeth hurt. If it's supply, his demand will meet your supply, just keep putting him on and switching sides.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2010