Has anyone started taking your baby to the pool? How was it for your baby? How was it for you?

We are thinking of taking our 5 month old to the pool! Excited yet, nervous. I was not a water baby-I can't even swim but my husband is a great swimmer. Anyone took any water babies classes? or should I just skip that altogether. My boy loves taking a bath so I think he will enjoy the water experience. How was your experience?

pvn34

Asked by pvn34 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• Both of my kids have been going in pools and ocean since they were about 3 months! They love it! My 3 yr old is actually a pretty good swimmer already.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We took our little one to a pool yesterday. Oh she loooooved loooooooved loooooooved it!!!!!!!! I think we might have to get our own pool. we put floaties on her and let her float around. she loved splashing and jumping off the side. She was fearless. She didnt want us to swim around holding onto her, she wanted to do it on her own. She was just tooo cute..

Oh and she is 18 months old.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010