Platonic best friends with a man...?

I have a platonic male friend that I'm really close to. We've talked about 'feelings' and he says he just wants to be friends with me, I'm cool with that - but what I don't understand is his behavior. We text each other daily - multiple times a day, sometimes insane amounts (lol) and he'll send me good morning texts, how are you doing texts, having a good day? texts... he texts with my 12 yr old daughter (she texts him first on my phone, he's not a creep, lol). If my daughter is sick he will text me to see how she is - stuff like that.
What I'm wondering is: is this a typical best friend/platonic relationship?! (We are both single). Because none of my other male friends put so much effort into our friendships... kwim? It seems like there is 'more' to us. I dunno, guess I just need some perspective... :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he says "just friends" because you gave him the idea you were not interested or something? Or he is scared? IDK sounds like more to me or someone you should want more with lol!~
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 6:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If he has never hit on you then maybe he just really enjoys your company and wants to be apart of your life. He may not want to scare you off...by saying he wants more or maybe he's gay. Sometimes guys are and they just have a hard time coming out to friends/family.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would ask him what his intentions to you were and either take the friendship or tell him you want more. Do it now while your daughter is not so attatched to him. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Sounds like there is more involved, at least on his end. If he is texting you from morning till night, you are more then a friend in his mind. I think he likes you :)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Me and my best friend used to be like when we first met...for like 2 years. I was younger then and didn't have responsibilites but we used to talk all night on the phone and then he would text me during the day. We were totally 100% friends but helped each other pluck the courage to get out of bad relationships. Our friendship has calmed down but I love him so much and he will always be my best friend.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Tell him you are confused about y'alls relationship. Tell him you understand he wants to be friends, but sometimes he acts as if he cares "TOOO" much to just be friends. Be straight with him.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Just start seeing some else and see how he reacts. If he truly wants it to be just friends, he won't care.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have a male friend and we are the same as you two. We text and IM daily but there is no sexual or romantic feelings there.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 2:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010