for those that do this do you do that?

for those against circumcising also against ear piercing in infants/toddlers? just curious , i know im against both personally

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't circ or pierce ears. It's their body, not mine. If they want to alter their body when they are older with circs, piercing, tattoos, whatever, they can, but I'm not going to make unnecessary changes to their body without their consent. (Necessary procedures like surgeries are a different story.)
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I left my sons "in tact" so they can make that choice and my DD gets to choose when and if she wants her ears pierced.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 6:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my son is circ bc its cleaner and healty, my daughter got her ears done at 4 months!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No, both of my daughters have pierced ears, and son is not circ.

Answer by older at 6:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yupe, against both !
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• the only reason my son isn't circumcised is because it wasn't covered by medicaid and I couldn't afford to pay for it myself.

I'm just leaving both up to my kids (I have a boy and a girl LOL) if when they're bigger, if he wants to be circumcised, OK. If she wants her ears pierced when she's older, OK. Their body, their choice!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No. My son is not circ. my dd's ears are pierced. To me its not at all the same.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am against both personally. I don't think ill of others who choose to do either. But it isn't what we believe in.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• dee marie- uncut is healthy and clean as well, as long as you take the time to clean it, im also against both, their body NOT MINE plus don't babies look just as great 100% intact?
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my son is intact and cleaner and less infections then his cousin who is circed and after researching the infection rates etc in Europe where they do not routinely circ I decided it is all bunch of bull and for both my girl and boy I am not altering their bodies in any way. It is their body and their choice!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010