How Do I Find A NON Private Preschool?

My sister attended a preschool that was run by the school district (this was 10 years ago) and I was wondering if there is anyway to find a pre-school that is district run?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in

• call your board of education tomorrow.

check to see if there is a childcare information service (google it) .

Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• the website for my local school district lists the public preschools too, so maybe look up your district's site and see if they do too
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• look at your district site, go to your local school... if there's a district run pre-school they should know it.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Most state have VPK (voluntary pre-school). Give your local elementary school a call and ask.
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 10:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• As the others said, ask the school district. Some have them, some don't. In CA, my dd couldn't go to the district preschool program because of racial and income qualifications we did not meet. Here, in OK, my son went because they allow everyone. Other places don't even offer it. Good luck on your search.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It does vary from state to state/district to district as has been stated. My children attended preschool through our school district. Two of them went o the High School's lab school. It had an accredited teacher as well as high school students who got school credit for their participation in the program. It was accredited by the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and they charged a fee for the four day a week 3 hour a day program. My other two attended the Early Childhood Education Center in our district, one as a PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) student and the other as a regular student. It was free through the district for those qualifying for PPCD, but not for regular students. Most districts also have Head Start Programs, which are nationally run, and students in economically disadvantaged groups are admitted with no tuition.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 6:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you could check for co-op schools as well... many day cares run "preeschools" as well...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010