my 2year old daughter has sores in her throat and on her tounge and the drs don't know what it is....

any ideas???? they have ran test and noone knows. shes been spiking a 103.1 fever and we finaly just got her to start eating and drinking again.

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 6:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hand foot and mouth? or her first hideous dose of cold sores (herpes simplex) which can go into mouth and down throat ,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Hand, foot and mouth? If she is in day care its highly likely...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 6:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'd say either hand,foot and mouth disease... it causes sores in the mouth and throat along with high fever (usually there are some blisters on the palms of the hands and soles of feet)
    Or just a viral stomatitis (meaning sores in the mouth) and it can be caused by a bunch of different viral infections.

Keep her pain under control with pain meds and make sure she keeps drinking... it doesn't matter if she eats much. If she does want to eat avoid foods that are salty, spicy or citrus because they all burn.... things like yogurt and pudding feel really nice and coat the mouth. Or popsicles and icecream would feel nice too.

Your doctor might need to give stronger pain meds if she won't drink... a magic mouth wash that takes down inflammation and numbs the mouth slightly is nice... along with something like Capital with codeine (capital doesn't have alcohol in it so it doesn't burn)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• back again - go this link and look at coxsackie virus which is hand foot and mouth disease
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t083900.asp
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• sounds like coxsackievirus to me..

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/coxsackie.html
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• she wont take any medicine at all. if we force her to take it she makes herself throw up. and she stays home with me and my 7month old. she is the only one sick.
    xkrystals.momx

Comment by xkrystals.momx (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Could it possibly be an allergic reaction to something? My cousin is allergic to citric acid and whenever she eats or drinks anything with citric acid she get blisters all over the inside of her mouth and throat.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• shes had them for a week now. and all she ever does is scream.
    xkrystals.momx

Comment by xkrystals.momx (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Awwww. Def sounds like hand foot mouth disease. My daughter had it awhile ago. You don't only get it from daycare either. My daughter refused medicine too. She wouldn't eat, and was sleeping all the time. The only thing we could get her to eat is scrambled eggs. It's really painful for a child, but it usually goes away after a week or so. Try to hang in there.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• what did they test her for?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010