Just a good friend?... adult content

I have a friend that I cannot read. Recently split with her husband and she seems to have no feeling about it. But sometimes I feel like she is hitting on me?! We were supposed to hang out yesterday me, my husband, my kids, her, her kids and have a BBQ but then she texted "just dropped off the girls, maybe we can just hang out?" Okay seems pretty normal but then says she is wearing a short purple dress that shows her boobs well to the concert we are going to together next Wednesday. She says things like "you're so beautiful" and "I love you." I consider myself socially awkward so I don't know if this is normal "friend" behavior. (and in case you're wondering I am NOT interested in being more than friends) Just wondering if I need to get that idea out of her head or if she is harmless and means nothing of it?!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 6:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• doesnt seem like anything sounds like she admires you eventhough you said you're not interested in her i guarantee you most is going to believe that you are interested in her i assume you probably dont have much friends or hang out much dont worry shes not interested girl seems like she just likes you a lot it sounds like you and her can have lots of fun together go ahead and enjoy your friend
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have friends that are straight that say that stuff.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Tell her up front.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• This would definitely be a red flag to me. Perhaps her divorce is making her want to experiment,and she's trying out her flirt moves on you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i think you should probably sit her down and talk to her.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 7:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Agreeing w/pinkdragon, I would tell her upfront. Ask her about her intentions.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have a friend that this seems to happen to a lot. She just sits them down and says, "I really love being your friend but there is no way we are ever going to have sex." Sometimes they get defensive and deny the whole thing but it works every time.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010