If you knew that one of your girls was gay/lesbian

would you be uncomfortable to change clothes around them or have them change around you? My lil sister called me and said, that her and her friends (some lesbian and some are straight) were all at a friends bar-b-q and they went back to my lil sisters house to freshen up before going out. Everyone is changing and getting ready...hair, makeup etc...and one of her friends will not be in the same room while the others are changing or she will leave to go change. My sister isn't a freak so she doesn't really care she just wonders if it makes her friend uncomfortable to be around lesbian girls when they are getting ready together. What do yo all think?

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Me ... I don't care. My youngest SIL is gay and I've changed in front of her and her girlfriend. I just grin and tell them they couldn't handle me. LOL!!

Maybe the friend who left was just really shy or not comfortable with herself or others seeing her. *shrug*

I wouldn't read a lot into it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All of my lesbian friends are in serious relationships, so I will not change in front of them. I don't want to disrespect their partner by getting naked (or in only underwear) in front of their spouse. Basically I just treat them like I would any man that isn't my dh.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 8:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You know,I might if I was one to change in front of friends,but I don't. It'd be like changing in front of a guy in a way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't change in front of anyone since the advent of the baby fat. Maybe she just doesn't like her bum.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No... I have straight, gay and bi friends - I'm bi myself... Nudity or Nakedness and Sexuality are two totally different things! Just because you're attracted to women doesn't mean you see every woman as fair game or even as "sexual." There is no difference between a bunch of straight girl friends changing and getting ready and a bunch of lesbian ones - or any mix... Lesbian doesn't equal sexual deviant!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• what difference would it make...isn't it the same as changing in front of your son...and no one is really sure of their orientation anyway until they're teenagers so you wouldn't be changing in front of them anyway
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It may have nothing to do with the girls sexual preference. But to answer your question, it would depend on the girls. If they made me feel uncomfortable I would leave. But if they were JUST changing clothes, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would just think she wasn't comfortable changing in front of anyone.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable. I could get changed in front of male friends too and wouldn't think that they were automatically trying to give me the once over with their horny eyes. Makes no difference to me.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i would not care at all. I've changed in front of lesbians a few times. I am not gay, but sometimes i still look at beautiful women. I don't think being gay makes a difference at all.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010