Hair growth

Does anyone's head hair grow super fast in the summer? I color my hair. I got it cut and colored on the 1st. Here it is,2 and a half weeks later,and I have visible roots! Annoying!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hair does grow 10% faster in the summer months because the human body has to work faster and harder to help the body cool down. This leads to faster cell division because blood is circulating more efficiently, which, among other things, causes hair to grow faster. Hair cells at the root divide much more quickly in the summer than during winter months and push the hair down more rapidly.

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wish
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i do find that my hair grows faster in the spring & summer months. Not just with the hair on my head, but everywhere. I feel like i have to shave much more often too. My dd's hair seems to grow like a weed in the spring/summer too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010