If you post offers on your local free cycle,

do you always seem to get the same response for everything you post? Also does it seem like there are certain people who are always the 1st one to respond. I have posted 7 things so far, so I can get rid of them and as soon as I do it is like the very 1st person is always the same person.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It seems there are the same people that do seem to get it all... I haven't gotten anything good or decent in a long time! My DD gives away stuff. One time after a month someone just showed up we were in a hurry and he wanted an aquariaum. She had all her kids in the car. She didn't know what to do or say.. She had let someone else take it. To make "mr. just Show up" happy.. She gave him a different one...
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No...I have a hard time getting people to respond and when they do, it's even more difficult to get them to pick-up.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• they probably have a blackberry. I do freecycle a LOT and there is a lady in a really ritzy neighborhood who is my size...and well she gives away AMAZING clothes. She probably thinks I'm a total hog because I am at her door in a snap when she offers things, but she's the only one I answer on a consistent basis, and I always give something when I get something.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i post on that site
    i let a few answer to see if same person is trying to get free stuff
    if eamil says i would like because i have a child that age etc etc, i let them have first before someone who is looking for free stuff to resell
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have the same people responding to me. I guess it's because they have kids wearing sizes my kid has outgrown. There are two I just delete before even reading though. One never picks up, she'll go so far as to call and say "I'll be there in 10" and never show up, never answer when I call back, never return emails. So, I don't even open her responses anymore. Another sells everything and I'd rather give to someone who could use it and not just do something I could have just as easily done.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I haven't had the happen to me yet, but you don't have to give it to the 1st responder - it is totally your choice who you give it to :)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I've posted and not seen the same people. What bothered me is the moderator responded to my ad for a chair and he seemed to be creepy. He said something like, this is the chair I've always been looking for. I didn't even post a photo of it. Then he denied my next ad.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010