Can toddlers sense their mom's being Pregnant?

My toddler is acting out terribly and this has been going on every since we found out i was pregnant again. She kicks my stomach, hits me, screams at me and dosent listen. She dosent act like this to her father so i dont understand. Is she angry with me because of the new baby on the way? Is she going to act like this towards the new baby when he or she gets here I'm scared.

KBFrost

Asked by KBFrost at 7:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think most can

i know our dog was glued to me before i had to use rubberband to close my jeans
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I know mine did.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i think they can. my kids were acting up and i was really scared that they would treat the baby bad, but i worked with them and we had a practice baby (a cabbage patch kid doll lol) and i pretended it was real at least once a dad i would pretend to nurse it and change it's diaper. then we would practice gentle kisses and gentle touch and they turned out to be great big brothers! and it also helped distract them from their temper tantrums too. now would be a great time to get her acquainted with time out so by the time the baby comes she will know what to do and hopefully be acting a little better too. gl!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You are probably acting a little bit different and she senses it and may be reacting to you. You need to sit her down and explain to her that hitting, kicking, etc. is never acceptable and tell her that you are going to have a baby and that she will be a big sister soon and that you need her help. Maybe putting it that way will help her to understand.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I've heard about it. I haven't gotten pregnant again yet, so it's a theory I can't test yet. ;) But my pets sure did start acting differently when I got pregnant with my son, so kids might be the same. They say children are more susceptible to things than we are because they haven't learned to be skeptical yet (why children are more apt to see ghosts for instance).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010