What do you think of Connecticut?

I live in CT, I have for most of my life. We are going to elect the Governor this year and I heard a couple of their commercials today.

When you hear of CT, what do you think? What are your impressions of this state?

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love it. I have visited. It has some lovely towns and scenery. Mystic Seaport is gorgeous. My daughter and I stopped at Yale University, walked around campus, bought a sweatshirt at the bookstore and everyone was so friendly and polite.
    I wouldn't mind living there. :-) We took a short road trip up to New England the year after she and her sister were Camp Counsleors and tennis coaches at a girls' camp in New York State. I live that part of the USA.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Never been there, but my initial impressions are that wealthy people live there and that it is a fairly liberal state, politically.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Being a native Bostonian and current Pennsylvanian...To me, Connecticut has always been the "drive through" state!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• OP--you know I'm kidding, right?! Seriously though, I think it's primarily a wealthy, liberal state (minus the Hartford area)--like the rest of New England! And politically, I don't ever recall it being a "swing state" or really impacting politics or national elections--it's just there--like Vermont! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• suburb of New York
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• . I live that part of the USA
    *****************
    OOPS.. I LOVE that part of the USA.
    A typo...watching "Army Wives" while typing. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think of a submarine base and snow.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A liberal state.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 11:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think "Hey! That's where I live! No one ever asks questions about CT." ;)

It's not my ideal place to live but until I can afford a long distance move I'm happy that I love within driving distance of NYC, Boston, Philly, DC...

I also LOVE that I live in a state that has legal gay marriage, not civil unions. :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Beautiful, historic
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010