Just curious!

Ok most people I have spoken with who are against public nudity are Christian. However isn't the body what god gave us? Isn't it the most natural God given form? I don't believe I read any where that he knitted us long sleeve sweaters or gave Adam pants. Actually Adam and Eve where only covered the private parts with leaves correct? So who really dictated modesty God or man?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The human body....especially female is a beautiful work of art. To me a overweight body is as beautiful as a slim. An elderly person is a master piece and the young is the beginning. I can't stand to see anyone ashamed of their body at any stage in their life. We are all beautiful in our own way. I can't see any God saying to be ashamed of our bodies. To me I think the media places such a stigma on life markers such as..... stretchmarks, wrinkles etc as a bad thing. Our bodies and souls are beautiful but that is the artist in me coming out. All our lines tell a tell of happiness, laughter and tears to me THAT is beauty.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I am against public nudity - I have no desire to sit on the chair in the restaurant after your (generic your) nekkid and potentially unwiped butt has been there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• LOL the way you worded your question leaves me with the image of everyone going about their daily business naked.  I'm totally against that cuz I live in Canada and it just gets to cold for that.

The human body is a beautiful thing.  Some people can embrace their sexuality and some inhibit it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Adam and Eve put the shame on themselves... they did not care about being nude before they ate the forbidden fruit... it was only after that event that they felt the need to cover themselves - so initial modesty came from the shame of disappointing God and themselves. Their sin opened their eyes and created the shame and the need for covering their loins. In all honesty, I believe that modesty is necessary if not only for the purpose of sanitation.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I agree with a PP. I dont want to go to the olive garden and get Blue Waffle from the chick sitting there before me. This world isnt clean enough to go around everywhere naked. Now do I care if there are nudist colonies? No. Do I care if there are nude beaches? No. Would I go to either of them? No.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• neither..it was women
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yeah if u have a nice body then that's on u if u show it
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• And yet the best reason to be modest is reflected in the Bible itself... “Yahweh God made clothes out of skins for the man and his wife, and they put them on.” This sacred text shows us that God covered the bodies that had stripped themselves, through sin, of the garment of grace. For this reason, we must all clothe ourselves decently, modestly and with dignity. Those who appear indecently dressed are an incentive to sin, and so are responsible not only for their own sins but also for those that others may commit because of them.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Man created it, I have no problem with nudity the human body is a work of art! (most of the time). bumped ya!

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The human body is a beautiful thing when it's owner doesn't abuse it. I am a Christian and I would move to a nudist colony tomorrow if my kids were grown. Every naked body doesn't have to insinuate sex or spreading germs, people should really learn to love their vessels and themselves. I would suggest that man created modesty out of shame and fear of judgement. God says to fear not (from everything) I do not fear nudity.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010