Is light cramping normal when 6 weeks???

I get so nervous in the morning when i wake up and have light cramping, it doesn't last long but its still cramping, this is my second pregnancy, i had a miscarriage about 4 years ago when i was 12 weeks. So now im so nervous. My husband and i have been trying for a year now and just got married 2 months ago, so when we saw a positive pregnancy test it was a dream come true.. But i guess now im a nervous wreck about the whole pregnancy to have something go wrong..

Jhaas9096

Asked by Jhaas9096 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• RELAX!!! being worried and freaking out will cause a lot of stress and that alone can help a miscarriage!!! just relax and hope everything is going to be fine, i only have one baby but i remember being so crampy i would cry... it was worse then period cramps.... just relax im sure youll be fine
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i also just miscarried about a month ago and i had no cramping what so ever...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks :)
    Jhaas9096

Answer by Jhaas9096 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It was normal for me and I have not had any complications with either of my pregnancies. But please dont stress. It will not help your situation. If you have an extra 6 or 700 dollars to get a good heart beat monitor I would suggest it so any time you get worried put it on and check the beat to ease your mind. You can get a cheap one at target too but they dont read up until you are 21-28 weeks. The more expensive ones can detect it much sooner. You can also rent them for like $30 a month.
    http://www.babybeat.com/fetal-dopplers.html
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• its normal .. i had 3 miscariages but my cramps where insanly painful and i had lots of blood
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• A doppler monitor to check the heart is cool but you probably won't be able to hear the heart beat just yet so don't worry if you can't.

I cramped little bits from the moment I found out I was pregnant. I had it explained to me in a way that I didn't worry after that. "Your uterus is a muscle and its starting to stretch to accomodate the baby. So, yes, a LITTLE muscle cramping is okay and normal." If you are worried, though, find out and aleviate your worry. Worrying is normal for us moms. Especially from what you've been through. Ask a Doc. Get checked out so you can relax. Then do just that, RELAX. Take a bath or a nap and take some time for YOU. Enjoy being pregnant. Good luck and best wishes!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 5:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yep, I had cramps from 4 weeks until ... wait I'm still getting them at 21 weeks :(
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thanks ladies, your guys are a big help!!! :)
    Jhaas9096

Answer by Jhaas9096 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008