Shakey hand?

In the last week or two my right hand has been very shakey.....and kind of weak. The thumb on that hand has been twitching on and off the whole time too...could there be something wrong with me? I've never had this happen before and it's kind of scary. I'm 38 1/2 wks along and baby's coming by c section..is it really something I should bring up to my doc?
Does anyone know of anything that's associated with a shakey/weak hand?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• Yes, bring it up to your doc...the baby could be sitting on a nerve and should go away after birth. Both of my hands were numb up to my elbows during pregnancy. Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I had to learn how to write again and everything.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No, it's happened to me also and it'll go away. I wouldn't worry about it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You need to find out what is causing your hand to shake - there may be an underlying medical condition that is causing it. In some cases, these tremors are perfectly harmless, but such is certainly not true of all tremors. Until you can see a doctor, avoid caffeine and try exercising your hand with light weights.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010