Why am I tired ALL the time?

I was on effexor, but not anymore. It made me extremely tired. I do not eat the best. I'm trying to do better though. My hse is a mess and my son is asleep so now would be the perfect time to clean it....and I don't want to. What is up with me?

ilovexzavier

Asked by ilovexzavier at 8:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• Have you had your thyroid and iron levels checked lately?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yeah, enemic?
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No I haven't....should I?
    ilovexzavier

Comment by ilovexzavier (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes, yes you should! It is just bloodwork, but can tell a whole lot about what is going on with you.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes you should check your thyroid. It's a simple blood test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Ok I will! Thank you so much!
    ilovexzavier

Comment by ilovexzavier (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes, i second, thyroid or anemia
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• As some others have posted...have your iron checked. I have iron defficient anemia...and I know when its getting low because all I want to do is sleep, I have no energy and I just can't seem to get up and want to get anything done.
    Good Luck..hope you find out what it is and feel better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• There are a few regular reasons why you might be tired...anemic, thyroid, iron, and heart. Just go in for a regular check up...be sure to mention how tired you are and how often...even how much sleep you get and you're still tired. The doc should run a CBC (complete blood count) and that may help find out what's going on. Good luck.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 oz glasses a day. Animal products, especially meat and dairy, can leave sap your energy. Highly processed foods, like high fructose corn syrup and white flour, also can leave you feeling weak. Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes or meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010