Period is two+ weeks late, egg white mucous, ...? adult content

I have been spotting off and on for two+ weeks, spot one day, nothing the next and so on. Now I have a THICK mucous (like egg whites).. Does that mean pregnant? Or could it be something else?

I have a doc app Tuesday. Just curious what this could POSSIBLY be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I bet you ovualted later, that JUST happened to me and my period was 2 weeks late with the mucous. I wouldnt say a miscarriage, it would be more than spotting if that were the case. You are prob having an irregular period like I was, take a test though and good luck!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Have you taken a test? If you're two weeks late, an accurate result is probable.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thick egg white like mucous usually indicates you are ovulating or about to ovulate. Not sure what the spotting is about. I would consult a doctor about that one. I have 4 kids..I had spotting after ovulation and egg white mucous(5-7 days after?). I had what they call implantation spotting.
    c4urjoy

Answer by c4urjoy at 8:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Perhaps the spotting was your period..just an abnormal cycle. You are probably fertile atm if you are having egg white mucous. Are you trying to conceive?
    c4urjoy

Answer by c4urjoy at 8:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• that could have been a miscarriage, if the egg did not attach to the uterine wall properly you could have passed it with your period, even if you are just spotting, this happens a lot but most people don't notice, if this did happen you dont have to do anything about it, but to be on the safe side you should talk to your doctor
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010