Help...need a wooden yard sign for a cheerleader

My 12yr old made the cheerleading squad at school and I want to get a wooden yard sign for her with her name on it. Problem is I can't find anything cute online. Does anyone know where I can get one or know someone who can make one?

momOthree2008

Asked by momOthree2008 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you asked your daughter's school? I know ours can recommend some places in our area. Also if you want to make your own try a Hobby Lobby or what ever type of craft store you have in your area.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• On online to the .society of decorative painters, www.decorativepainters.org I think and find a chapter or call and they will tell you the nearest chapter. Ask the president of the chapter if there is anyone that can or would make the sign for you. If not ask who cuts the wood for the club and maybe the wood worker can make the sign for you. We are in florida and I paint and my DH cuts for several chapters.
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 6:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/product/5120/Yard_Art

Here is a link to a nice pattern. But you will need someone to cut it for you if you dont' have a jig saw. Even ask at your homedepot or lowes if they know of anyone who can help.

Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 6:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Go to the website JustCarStickers.com. In the Search bar type in cheerleader and you can purchase some really cute huge vinyl stickers that can be transfered to foam core board. Then you an cut it out and paint and or personalize. It is really cute!
    cheermom1998

Answer by cheermom1998 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• hardware store
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010